Aimsites.org is a service designed for AIM Missionaries to create and maintain their own website or blog.

Find out more here.

Sign up

Are you an AIM Missionary wanting a blog to share what God is doing in Africa and amongst Africans?

Click here to get started.

Sign in

Lost your password?


Find blogs

By country
By ministry

Featured posts

Featured media

On-field media resources

The Browns – Tom, Ali, Crescena, Bez, & Ber
February 1, 2012 9:45 pm
Published in: Uncategorized

Ali was diagnosed with Graves disease in the fall of 2011.  We were originally told that it wouldn’t be an issue for us to go to Kenya with AIM.  Because of miscommunication with our doctor, we didn’t get the forms from the doctor to send in to AIM until the beginning of January 2012, with a departure date scheduled for February 2nd.

We got word on January 16th that Crescena and Tom had been cleared by the AIM doctor, but that Ali couldn’t be cleared until they got more information.  Over the next week, we worked with the AIM doctor to get him the information he needed.  One of the items he wanted was a letter from a doctor describing how Ali was doing and the possibility of her having issues in Kenya.  We asked our natural doctor to write the letter and she agreed.  On Jan 24th, we still didn’t have any word from the AIM doctor and found out that our natural doctor had been in an accident that day and was taken to the ER.  From her bed and home, she had her assistant write the letter for us and emailed it to the AIM doctor.

On Thursday, January 26th, we got a call from the AIM doctor telling us that he had decided to clear Ali to go to Kenya!

This is clearly a work of God to make the way clear before us.  We believe it is no coincidence that our doctor was in an accident on the very day she was to write us that letter.  We have no doubt that Satan was doing his best to prevent us from going to Kenya this February.  Thankfully, God is bigger than he is and was faithful to allow us to move forward.  As we sought Him and prayed that week, He brought us a peace and confidence that He was in control.  We were willing to go to Kenya with Ali sick, trusting that He would be strength in our weakness.  We were also brought to a place of trusting that if the AIM doctor said no, it was God’s guidance and goodness to us just the same.  We could trust that no matter where He led, even if we didn’t understand, we could and would follow in faith.  Praise God for where He chose to take us and thank you for praying for us!!

Leave a comment